My mission is to open the hearts of humanity to recognise and accept the eternal Divine Love that permeates us all
Paramahamsa Sri Swami Vishwananda is an enlightened spiritual master and founder of Bhakti Marga, the path of devotion.
His life and work are dedicated to inspiring all people to love beyond the boundaries of culture, religion, gender and age, and to open their hearts to recognise and accept of the eternal Divine Love that permeates us all. He offers wisdom and tools to awaken the innate ability to experience this love in our daily lives. He is a living example of the transformational power of Divine Love.
When you have the longing to grow spiritually, when you wish to know more, and are sincere in your search, the Divine guides you to the Feet of your Master.
Transformational Life Experiences
The simple yet transformational spiritual practices he teaches can move us toward more peaceful and inspired life experiences. Accessing the wisdom of the heart, they help change the way we relate to ourselves, each other and the world around us.
To find this real Love and realise this deep connection to God within oneself, one must practice bhakti – devotion.
- Atma Kriya Yoga helps purify the mind, body and spirit to advance you toward God-Realisation.
- OM Chanting is a group healing practice to support participants and the surrounding environment.
- Simply Meditation is a short practice to calm the mind, establish inner balance and experience more love in life and relationships.
- Project Mantra is an easy program to help practitioners gradually build up a simple mantra practice over 40 days.
Wisdom from the Master
Through the Grace of the Master everything becomes possible, but you have to give him your hand so he can lead you out of the jungle of samsara.
Paramahamsa Vishwananda is author of the Just Love series of books and insightful commentaries on Vedic texts that make ancient wisdom accessible and applicable to contemporary life.
Through the Bhakti Marga Academy he offers the opportunity for deep learning on a wide range of spiritual, health and well-being topics designed to help generate more peace, joy and love in our lives and relationships.
His wisdom is readily available online, and can be delivered to you daily through his Inspiration App.
Love Changes Everything
As a child, Swami told me how important it is to love God as we love ourselves. Today he is teaching the same thing to the whole world through Bhakti Marga. He has always said that bhakti and Love have to work together; there cannot be bhakti without Love and vice versa. His teachings have guided me through life on a daily basis.
Outwardly I had everything: fame, money, admirers. Yet my life was empty and meaningless until my Satguru called me on this path.
I once asked Guruji how to live a good life. He said, 'Remember God’s Love in every moment and accept everything as coming from God.' No matter how challenging the spiritual path has been, my experiences of both Guruji and his devotees have been my guiding star, helping me to live a good life and more and more to reflect God’s unconditional Love for everyone.
Visions of Love
- Bharadwaja Gotra Lineage
- Born as a Brahmin, Paramahamsa Vishwananda belongs to the Bharadwaja Gotra, a family lineage that can be traced back to the Guru of all the Pandavas and Kauravas, during the Mahabharata.
- Mahavatar Babaji - Father of all Kriya Yoga Lineages
- Mahavatar Babaji is Paramahamsa Vishwananda’s Guru and the Paramguru of Bhakti Marga. Mahavatar Babaji is a Jagadguru: the Guru of all Gurus on Earth. He is an immortal yogi whose teachings, throughout the ages, have always offered guidance toward God-Realisation.
- Sri Sampradaya Lineage
- In 2008, Paramahamsa Vishwananda was initiated into the Sri Sampradaya (the Vaishnava lineage established by Sri Ramanujacharya). The initiation was done by Sri Vedavyasa Rangaraj Bhattar Acharya, who is a disciple of Lahiri Mahasaya, thus linking the Sri Sampradaya and Kriya Yoga lineages.
Around the World
Born into a Hindu family on the island of Mauritius in 1978, Paramahamsa Vishwananda came to Europe at the age of 19. He established his Bhakti Marga mission in 2005 and it now operates all over the world. His 26 Bhakti Marga Swamis and Swaminis live, work and travel in support of this global mission which has established 22 temples in 12 countries, as well as thousands of Bhakti Marga groups in over 50 countries on six continents. His main ashram is in Germany, with India and UK officially opening later this year.
At the 2015 Kumbh Mela, Paramahamsa Vishwananda was awarded the title of Mahamandaleshwar, (one who resides over many ashrams and temples as guardian and pillar of faith) by all four heads of the Vaishnava Sampradayas (spiritual lineages). He is the first European-based spiritual leader to hold this title.
With his spiritual family now residing in many locations around the world, his home is wherever there are spiritual seekers and people ready to receive his blessing to help them open their hearts to the love that resides within.